I know at least a few of you are wondering what it is I do all day, so here is the first of a monthly series on that subject - it will change monthly as I move through different rotations. Enjoy!
6:00am. Alarm goes off - hit snooze.
6:09. Dang that alarm clock -there it goes again. Snooze.
6:30-6:40-ish. Finally get up after hitting snooze (and thus aggravating my sweet husband) a few more times. Stumble toward shower.
7:00-ish. Running late for quiet time (my goal is 30 minutes every morning), but sit down for a few minutes for QT & prayer, accompained by breakfast (usually cereal).
7:15. Final touches before heading out the door.
7:25. Leave house; drive to Children's. If really running late - eat breakfast in car.
7:45-8:15. Morning report.
8:15-noon. Attend one of the clinics - mostly different types of pediatric surgery (general, ENT, Orthopedics, Urology, Neurosurgery, etc.). Sometimes I just shadow the attending surgeon; sometimes I see a patient on my own, then present the patient to the attending and accompany him/her while s/he sees the patient and makes all the decisions.
Noon. Noon conference - a lecture (usually) on some pediatric topic, aimed at educating the residents and medical students. They feed us lunch, too, which is great.
1:00-4:30/5:00-ish. Afternoon clinic - something different from the morning clinic, but my role is similar.
5:00ish. Drive home.
Evening. Various activities - e.g. attending Matt's softball game; going to Bible study; running errands; fixing dinner. (It's nice to actually have time & energy to do these things in the evenings.... though I need to start incorporating a bit more exercise into these possibilites, especially given the lunches they feed us at Children's!)
9:00. Start thinking about going to bed soon. Keep watching the Braves with Matt.
9:30. I really should go to bed.
10:00. Drag self off sofa and to bed. Read for a few minutes - then sleep...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment