I have been home for a few weeks now but have been so busy I haven't had time to post about the end of my trip! So.... finally.... here it is:
Wednesday & Thursday were more quiet days around Cambridge. Wednesday I spent more time wandering around the old colleges, taking a few pictures (and again realizing that my camera is smarter than I am at this point), and enjoying a good book over afternoon tea and scones. Then Thursday I rested at Eli's apartment (more reading my book, doing some London planning, and packing), and Eli and I went to King's College Chapel for the Sung Eucharist service that evening. I wish I could describe how beautiful that music was.... let's just say that the a capella boys/men's choir, together with the thought of the Lord being worshipped in that wonderful chapel daily (or nearly) for hundreds of years, plus much of the same liturgy that we use in our church (though here, sung in Latin, with translation in our booklets) - it brought tears to my eyes several times. Definitely one of my favorite parts of my trip!
Friday & Saturday were London days for me. I took the bus into town Friday morning, got settled into my hotel, and spent the afternoon walking through Westminster Abbey and Harrod's. Then Friday evening I went to a performance by the Royal Ballet - my other favorite part of my trip! Saturday, Eli joined me in London for a morning and afternoon of museums and more walking London (plus a fish & chips lunch - a must for any London tourist, right?). We went to see the Phantom of the Opera (which I had never seen before) that night.
A few London pictures:
Parliament and Big Ben - backlit
The obligatory tourist pictures! me in Trafalgar Square; Eli with a .... guard on a horse?
No comments:
Post a Comment