Today is intern switch day; a day that is both looked-forward-to (if you're ready to do something different) and dreaded (because it takes a lot of work to tie up all the loose ends from the rotation you're leaving, and a lot of work to learn the patients & diseases on the new rotation). It is the day at the end of every month when the interns change over from one rotation to the next. (The residents switch the day after the interns, so it's not complete chaos on the same day.) So I tidied up everything I have done on the Renal service this month, and am headed off to my next rotation, the ER, starting this evening.
Renal (a.k.a. nephrology) - kids with kidney problems ranging from acute kidney damage to those with renal failure & on dialysis to those with kidney transplants - has been my world this past month. Maybe not medically as interesting to me as other months (there is a LOT of biochemistry involved in kidney diseases, and that was always a weak spot for me), but I learned a lot.... and that's good for me. I definitely have a sense of accomplishment - and relief - about finishing my renal month. But, I'm ready to move on (knowing that a career in nephrology is not likely in my future!) and glad to be going to the ER!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment