3:30am, and I'm wide awake! (Trust me, this NEVER happens... I'm such a sleeper!) My sleeping schedule has been a bit messed up after switching off of the night shift - yesterday I woke up at 5am, also wide awake. I didn't go to bed until 11pm, though, so you'd think I'd be tired....
Anyway. My usual routine is that I am a very sound sleeper and have a hard time waking up to any kind of alarm (unless I'm on call at the hospital, when any little thing wakes me up), and usually am very groggy for awhile - at least until I get a shower - before being anywhere near glad that I'm awake. (I don't think I'm a mean or grouchy person in the mornings, though Matt might say otherwise, having a more honest perspective on the situation - I'm just quiet and don't like to be bothered, and am easily bothered first thing in the morning!) So my early morning awakenings recently have been quite a change. It's been nice, actually - I like having time in the mornings to relax, drink a cup of coffee (or hot chocolate in tonight's case), have my quiet time, get some things done around the house, and not be rushed to get out the door. That's my dream of the kind of person I would like to be - it's just not who I usually am right now - so, while strange, I'm actually enjoying this off-schedule-ness!
Thursday, November 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment